Centre seeks to make control investments in North American based middle market businesses which typically have the following characteristics:
- $30 million to $300 million in revenue
- $5 million to $40 million in EBITDA
- Predictable EBITDA with high free cash flow conversion
- Significant opportunities for organic and acquisition driven growth
We target to invest $15 million to $40 million in a portfolio company. Together with our limited partners and other co-investors, we have provided up to $200 million of equity capital in a single investment.
Additionally, we actively pursue add-on acquisitions for many of our portfolio companies.
Types of Transaction
Centre invests in a variety of transactions, including:
- Buyouts of private companies
- Spin-outs of divisions or subsidiaries of larger private or public companies
- Growth investments
- Leveraged build-ups
- Going private transactions
We assist our portfolio companies in pursuing organic and acquisition driven growth opportunities and we are extremely supportive of highly acquisitive businesses in fragmented industry sectors.
Significant Experience Investing in Family Owned Businesses
We have a particular expertise in investing in family owned businesses. We provide family businesses with solutions to ownership transition, capital needs and, if necessary, succession planning. In situations requiring a successor that is not already in place, we are able to turn to our Centre Operating Partners network to find the right manager. We value the experience and continued involvement of family owners and we are flexible in how we structure a transaction to meet their needs.